Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Is not what what we planned or what we hoped for. Too much snow to drive safely to Seatttle and Redmond and back. A sick baby in my lap is finally asleep after an hour of whimpering and because of her we wouldn't like to brave the snow anyway and risk getting stuck. Our teenager is more than dissappointed.

We've been home... a lot. It's been great for the most part but Christmas eve was time to get out and visit family. I understand. But we have everything we need. And so much more! And I personally do not mind snuggling up to watch It's a Wonderful Life He makes life worth living and it's my job to teach my children how repsond to disappointment.
It sure is beautiful outside though, isn't it?

Perspective and gratitude. I'm off to work on some attitudes, but some prayer first helped. I've been convinced of the truth of "It's Your kindness Lord, that leads me to repentance." lately and it's my goal in this new year to reach a certain son's heart (all of my childrens' hearts actually!)with my kindness. Grace, mercy, kindness, good will... He is our example.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there as with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. –Luke 11:10-14

Merry Christmas friends and family! Wishing you much peace and love in the new year.
xoxo ~ We love you. ~Becca

2 comments:

Lena said...

Merry Christmas, dear friends!

Joanie said...

Merry Christmas!

I love that movie too...

Have a wonderful weekend sledding and playing in the snow!