Thursday, May 14, 2009

thankful {thursday}

I am thankful everyday but I like the habit of weekly writing out what I am thankful for that week
:: :: ::
pitter patter of the twins sweet little feet & the way they hold hands
:: :: ::
the quack and chirp i hear as i feed our chickens, geese and ducks
:: :: ::
the giggles of joy from my twin daugthers as they hold on tight to the bottles as the goats gobble them up {the bottles not the girls ;o)}
:: :: ::
3 boys who realized they were being obnoxious to their teenage sister and decided to make it "The best big sister in the world day" making Annah feel special with home-made cards, gift, signs and treats
:: :: ::
The look on Annah's face as she read the card aloud; the way she doesn't let falling over a hurdle make her give up; she just tries harder
:: :: ::
A husband who makes the best french toast in the world
:: :: ::
A friend who threw such an awesome party for our adoption celebration
:: :: ::
Many sweet friends who drove far and brought such nice presents and lots of love for the twins and all of us
:: :: ::
the opportunity to share about fostering/adoption with so many people recently and the way it never grows old telling of the way the Lord blesses us with Hope and Halle
:: :: ::
our new little church's 1st birthday
:: :: ::
the way the trees' leaves light up when the sunrise is behind them
:: :: ::
our suburban is almost sold
:: :: ::
friends who hold me accountable and are honest with me
:: :: ::
coffee ;o)
:: :: ::
the way hope holds onto my arm letting me know when I'm not allowed to put her down
:: :: ::
boys who love to learn, the priviledge, ability & honor to homeschool
:: :: ::
our over-capacity was approved and Viktoriya will come mid-June
:: :: ::
friends who are willing to take in 3 siblings who need a loving home
{praying their over-capacity is approved}
:: :: ::
the awe in my heart today, for how He meets all my needs
:: :: ::
a special woman who is like a mom to me, her sister who is like an aunt and their mom who like a grandma, their generosity, giving nature and consistency that is God's loving gift to our family
:: :: ::

5 comments:

The Three Amigos said...

Becca, I wanted to read this the other day but then Steph called and I needed to be there for her while Abby's been in the hospital. I forgot to come back to it. I had no idea that the reason you didn't have Annah's sister was because you were at capacity. It didn't even cross my mind since you've had 7 before. Will you adopt her too? And then once they're all YOURS will you homeschool them all?

Becca said...

Hi Toni, yes we been overcapacity for quite awhile before. Get this...they do let you if it's temporary. You can be overcapacity indefinitely, if it's "temporary." But if you're willing to adopt a teenager who is currently in a home that won't adopt, you may not get the approval for the over-cap because that would put us permanently over. Actually it's just for 3 years as she'll be sophomore this fall.

Joanie said...

Abundantly blessed indeed! Rejoicing and giving thanks with you, as I caught up on your latest...

Becca said...

oh, and we'll definitely homeschool the boys and the twins. Annah is close to wanting to but loves to do sports and looks forward to homecoming. lol I don't bug her about it at all but it's put like this...if we see that the world/her peers are more of a negative influence on her than she is a positive witnesst to them, then we'll pull her out. She'll be adopted around Sept if all goes well. Viktoriya will be tougher because she has had more freedoms than we would allow. My prayer is that she will not change Annah at all. And Viktoriya is really sweet; we're looking forward to having her, though the beginning may be hard as she adjusts. Prayers appreciated of course!

The Three Amigos said...

And of course, you have our prayers! And that totally makes sense about homeschooling. It would be HARD to do that to a teen who's been in public school her whole life.