Saturday, May 23, 2009

sweet saturday

when the week is too busy to record my thankfulness on thursday
I'll just turn to sweet saturdays, when things slow, just a bit
and give me a tiny window of time to reflect on our sweet life

~Charity's careful, kind, watchful eye upon our brood of 6 last night

~while Chad and I enjoyed each other's company ... alone ... ;o)

~sweetness is this...that he is still my best friend, my soul mate, the one I'd marry again in a heartbeat

~sweet giggles I heard this morning from two toddlers talking to each other, laughing about who knows what from their cribs

~aidan sleeping at the side of my bed; soothing his headache last night with a cold cloth

~ryland's hug this morning and "you make the best french toast ever, mama"

~being able to find a perfect gift for a wonderful woman who has taken me as her daughter

~coming to peace with finding ways to teach school that build relationship with my boys and do not deaden it

~playing on the trampoline with the girls, latter finding that chad snuck a picture of us

~eating Pad Thai dinner with Annah last night, just the two of us, how she pours her heart out to me, trusting me with everything...so sweet

1 comment:

Heidi Winter Tracht said...

Becca, I feel at peace when I read your blog - so sweet!