Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tennyson, Super-Dog!

Aidan and his best friend
Tennyson has been settling into his new family wonderfully. He is mellow! NO barking, no whining, no accidents, no excessive licking (0nly when asked to kiss), no jumping up (other than the first day!), no running off (he stays on leash to go outside) or major pulling, and he sleeps through the night in the boys room. He does try to do things he won't once he's neutered, ;o) but even that has been minimal. What more could we have asked for in a one-year-old dog??? Oh and he doesn't mind wearing his super-dog costume either. We took him the vet yesterday for shots and he weighed 90 pounds. She said he was underweight, when he's full grown and at his healthy weight, he will be about 100-110 pounds.

Two home schooled boys and their super-dog

On a side note, Ryland has begged to finish Kindergarten at home. He is way ahead and was pretty bored. Everyday I had to drive him to school in the middle of the twins' nap and he never wanted to go. That was a battle I didn't see the need to fight since we've planned on homeschooling anyway!

Make that three home schooled boys and their superdog!

As we prayed and talked over the Christmas break, we asked Ethan periodically where he would like to be schooled for 1st grade, and he said emphatically, "I choose HOME!" All the boys knew that after this year, home is the only option, but the year in question is this year, as they were already enrolled and I hate to put them in and take them out so quickly. But the T-Bella situation was stressful and chaotic and school was an excellent option which served it's purpose for October, November and part of December. I am happy to have all three boys home now, for good.Halle cooks for Tennyson

Back to the main subject matter, Tennyson... the girls LOVE him also! While he is just as tall as they are he is gentle and only smacks them in the face with his tail, to which Hope and Halle respond with giggles of glee! No licking, knocking over or anything else. What a blessing to not have any major training issues other than basic obedience. He is mellow, sweet and perfect for our family.

And Shiloh, our 10 year old kitty, loves Tennyson as well. Surprise, surprise, he doesn't chase her. lol Sharlet, the outside kitty, hates him but we don't care, she's NOT allowed inside anymore since she fights badly with Shiloh. Shiloh follows Tennyson around the house, rolling around at his feet. This morning they were both curled up asleep on the carpet next to me as I typed. :o)

Chad had emailed Tennyson's family for over a month asking all the right questions and he vetoed my choice of a German Shepherd for Aidan from purebred dog rescue. I had my eye on a white German shepherd we were going to visit the same day but the timing didn't work out. Chad was sure this was the dog for us and he was right. Good job Chad!!!


4 comments:

Joanie said...

I love all the photos of the kids and Tennyson! He looks like he's going to become a SUPERFRIEND to them all...

My heart is rejoicing that you have all your children home again and home education is resuming! This has been my prayer for all of you.

I look forward to watching as God unfolds the story of your family!

Joanie said...

Rebecca ~ I have a homeschool question for you. Would you please e-mail me. I looked for your profile (and a possible e-mail address), but it doesn't look like you have it listed...

Anyway, my e-mail is: joaniesinthegarden(at)yahoo(dot)com. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to meet Tennyson! Good going, Chad.
hugs
Grandma Sharon

Lena said...

First of all - YAY for your decision to homeschool! I hope you have a great journey this year and settle into a good routine for everybody. It's hard work, crazy busy sometimes as you know....but it is worth it.
And - that's so neat that you got a dog! He looks very sweet. The kids look so happy to have him. My kids look forward to meeting him! You've officially got a full house now! :)