Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday to Aidan!

How is it possible my first baby is 9 years old today? Actually right now, 9 years ago, at 10:30 he was born. So quickly! I woke to my water breaking and within an hour I was deep in the throws of labor. I had to be pushed into the Jeep; oh how I wished I'd planned a homebirth since I planned on going naturally anyway! Who knew I'd go so fast! I huffed and puffed on all fours while Chad sped from Covington (Kent) up to Redmond where my midwife met us at a birth center. I was told since it was my first I would not be in a delivery room...just yet. I let them know in no uncertain terms that this baby was ready NOW. lol I even dropped down onto all fours in the elevator when a particularly strong contraction came and I knew his birth was immenant. They checked me (to humor me) and low and behold...10 centimeters and ready to give birth! Before we knew it, Chad and I were proud parents of a 8lb 10oz baby boy named Aidan Jacob. Little did we know he would have 4 younger siblings someday. Wow, God is good and we have been blessed.
6 months
Age 1

Our young man has amazed us with his unselfish love for others. At a young age this became apparent as he showed empathy and giving heart. He was always so quick to give the "big" piece to a brother or his mother. He brought me anything I needed when he became a big brother for second time at only 3 years and 2weeks of age. He said "WOW, another brother!" when Ryland was born. And of course the twins coming to our home was "the BEST day of my life" he said. My favority character quality my Aidan possesses is his love for others. Whenever I feed them and I do not sit down he asks "Did you eat yet mom?" or if I give him something of mine he asks if I had had enough yet before he'll take it "Are you sure???" so sweet!!!

Nearly 2

Nearly 3

Nearly 4

Age 4


Age 5Age 6
Age 7


Age 7.5

Age 8

Age 8.5

9 years old today!

I read this passage to Aidan the other day I had to chuckle thinking that we sure made a mistake when we chose a name that meant "Fiery One" because he is definitely like the Lord in that he is a "Gentle One" and you hear him in the wisper of a wind and not the fire or the earthquake.

We love you Aidan Jacob. ~Mom and Dad

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

1 Kings 19:11-13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, AJ.
We love you lots and lots and lots!
Nana, Grandma Sharon & Autie Joyce

Lena said...

Hard to believe his is 9 already! Wow! Such a sweet boy and getting so big. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it's so neat to look back to see how much he has grown!

Joanie said...

Happy Birthday! Rejoicing with you as you celebrate the gift of life... What a precious blessing!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your son. A treasure for him (and his future wife) to read in the years ahead.

I can relate to those fast labors. Although my first and second babies weren't super fast, my last two certainly were!

Lovin' your blog... don't mind me while I keep browsing... =0)