Wednesday, January 21, 2009

prayer needed

Annah and Viktoriya

We are in need of prayer. A big decision type of prayer. I want the Lord's choice to be made not mine. This will bring great change within our family which could be wonderful or it could undermine some wonderful changes we've seen in Annah over the last 4 months. Sigh....please pray that Chad and I would know when to listen to Annah (and we DO consider her very important in the decision) and when to listen to each others' conclusions. And above all over the next 3 days, that Chad and I would really seek Him, on our knees.

Another prayer request... tonight my heart officially broke. There were pieces dangling, threatening to fall, but I held out hope it would heal. Not so. I had been told I shouldn't call but that Teighly WILL NOT be kept from calling us if she initiates the request. Well after that last call where Teighly cried her heart out to me saying she was unhappy and she needed to come home NOW, I was worried she may not call again. I did such a good job trying to steer the conversation to something cheerful, and I did, I kept her from continuing to cry. I told her that she had to give her grandma a chance and that she truly loved her. She told me "NO. YOU ARE my MAMA and I need to come HOME to you and my brothers!!!"

It was so hard. I wanted to cry with her and say "YES you are not in the BEST home! I want you to come home too. I LOVE you Teighly Bella!!!" or at the very least I wanted to say "I really want you here too, I too believe you belong here but we need to do the right thing and try to be happy at your Grandparent's house." So I have guilt that she might have taken my response as not really caring because I didn't cry but kept it upbeat trying to diffuse her emotions so they would continue to let her call me. Nope, it didn't work because she never called again. I pray Teighly knows I really was bawling my heart out {{inside}} and that I miss her as much as she misses me. Oh how I hope she knows that.

So since then we've sent a couple packages and not heard anything and that is not like Teighly to not want to at least call after she received a package and I always showed her family great courtesy when they sent something by having Teighly wait to open it until they were on the phone! I'm not even sure she got it. Annah made such a beautiful album for her and we don't even know if she got to see it. Please pray for my heart, because it is physically aching. It HURTS. I am willing to feel pain in the ministry; I am willing to do it again even. But I worry when I'm not positive that I did my very best for her. And I miss her! And boys does that hurt!!!

The pain was manageable knowing I could still stay in touch with her. They promised as long as it was she who initiated the contact, contact could be made. Well that terrible call where Teighly cried was exactly 1 month ago today and I bit the bullet and have called several times, maybe 2x a week for the last two weeks.

I called again tonite and the grandma finally answered. She was cold and harsh. "Teighly is doing fine. Fine in school, fine with friends, fine with HER father, fine with religious instruction. FINE." "okay, did she get our package? did she see the album? Annah was wondering how she liked it since she made it for Teighly." "Yes, she did. And she has not mentioned you guys at all since. She's not asked to call, she's not spoken of you. Your job is done and I'd just like to make the break, so I don't want you to call here again." Click. Sobbing on my side of the line this time, to a dead tone.

So that's where we're at I guess. I hope Aunt Pam will keep her promise and call when she's out on a visit with Teighly. I told her, whenever you take Teighly out shopping or to a movie, will you make it a habit to call, even for a quick sec? And she promised. Please Lord let her keep that promise....


Lord Jesus, I lift up Teighly to You. I need to know that she is okay, that she is loved and happy and most of all will still be hearing about YOU! I wish I had done a better job parenting her. I ask forgiveness for the times that I let her down and I pray that she will remember the way the good times outweighed the bad 100 fold.

Please Lord Jesus, let us have contact with Teighly, Please let Aunt Pam call me and let me talk to her. This hurts deeply Lord and I don't know how to heal without being able to hear her voice. Please Jesus, you love her more than I and You know what's best for her.

Please let your will be done in her life. She is yours and You have not abandoned her. Help Teighly to see this and to continue to seek You. Each night as she goes to sleep, bring to her mind the prayers we prayed as she was here with us that 12 months. Draw her to Yourself dear God, please keep her close to You.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear
My heart aches for you -- and for T Bella. I was afraid this would happen. Can you call her social worker and see?? I know she wasn't very helpful, so that may not work either.
Praying much for you.
"Mom"

Lena said...

Praying for you Dear....call me if you want to chat.
Love you!

Joanie said...

Oh Lord ~ my heart feels the pain that Rebecca has shared... My heart feels the grief and the grieving she is experiencing. To have a child; to have her taken away; to have promises broken; for the unknown to stand between you... O Lord, you understand. You alone understand.

I lift Rebecca to you, Father, for you know her pain. Hold her tight and close ~ may the words of her heart and the expressions of her emotions be kept safe within Your vast love for us. Lord, You've told us that you will never give us more than what we can handle, but Rebecca is feeling like she's reached that point. Holy Spirit ~ please minister to her heart, her mind and her spirit. Comfort her, encourage her, reassure her that Teighly is never alone for one moment. You are there. You are with her ~ as well as with us... Humanly, we want to know, we want to be in control, we want to make things right. But, sometimes You don't work things out the way we thought they should work out and we don't understand ~ why Lord, why?

Thank you for enabling Rebecca to be strong. Thank you for filling her with hope and for how she leads others to YOU, even in the most difficult of situations. Lord Jesus, let Teighly come to you. Protect her, bless her, may Your love always be around her, soften the hearts of the family she is now living with ~ I pray that each one comes to know you personally Lord Jesus. And, if it is Your will, I pray that You would enable contact to be re-established. Most of all, I pray that Teighly's heart, mind and spirit would be protected, filled with Your love and Truth and your JOY would overflow in her life.

And Lord, please speak clearly to Chad and Rebecca as they commit a big decision to You in prayer. Their desire is to do Your will in their lives, to live with their hands open to You, to live a life committed to You! Protect their minds ~ keep thoughts that are not of You away from them. Give them spiritual eyes to see the road ahead. Hide them in the shadow of Your wing that they are hidden away from this world, so it may not affect their decision. And Lord ~ quiet the words of the world, quiet the voices all around them, quiet their hearts that they may be still and know You are God and will guide them in wisdom and love ~ giving them peace that can only come from You alone.

Bless this precious family, Lord. They seek to live a life fully committed to You. Continually refill them with Your LOVE that they can continue to share it with whomever you bring to their doorstep and into their family. Protect their hearts even as they willingly open their hearts again and again. They are still fragile Lord, but You have overcome the world. Give them peace as they faithfully walk out whatever you bring to them to fulfill while remembering that each one of us belongs to You. Oh, it's hard to walk by faith and not by sight, Lord ~ it's frightening and worrisome, but You've promised never to leave us or forsake us.

Thank you Lord Jesus. Thank you for this special family. Thank you for being ALL they need...

We praise You Lord Jesus. We thank you for the tough days, the good days, the days of sorrow and sadness and the days of great rejoicing. We praise You, because of who You are and who You will always be! Be glorified in our lives and may it be said of each one of us... "welcome home good and faithful servant." Let our lives speak Jesus to the world around us!

In Your precious and wonderful name ~ Amen and amen.

Laurie and Alan said...

Rebecca, I am speechless but please know that you, T Bella and the whole family are being bathed in prayer.

My gut feeling is that she will contact you, she just needs time right now to process everything in her little girl mind. She will always remember her time with you and the family, that's why I think she'll "come back" but it may take time.

Laurie

The Three Amigos said...

Becca, you are an amazing woman! I know how I would react to that situation and, although, I know it hurt terribly, you handled it the best way possible. Teighly will never forget you, Chad, the boys, and the girls. I know you've made a huge impression on her.

If nothing else, take comfort that you did an amazing job teaching her about Christ and His love for us. The time she spent with you and your family was set in stone from the beginning of time as was this season. It will get better. And, you can take comfort in the fact that because you did such a wonderful job of sharing Jesus with her, you will be reunited again one day! I know that doesn't fix your longing for her now. I'll be praying for peace and comfort, my friend!

Rebecca said...

Thank-you for your prayers and support ladies. It means so much.

Amen and amen! to your prayer Joanie. Yes, He is ALL we need!!!

Toni, yes it does make me feel better to know that in a blink of an eye, we will see her again. :o)