Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Half Birthday H2!

I made the blog as cheerful and as pretty and as girly as I possibly could in honor of my beautiful, girly twins half birthday! Cute, isn't it? Head over to http://www.shabbyblogs.com/ to get one for your blog. :o)

So what is H2? The person otherwise known as Hope&Halle. I truly do strive to make sure they are two complete beings in and of themselves. But it happens. They are twins. They do not know what to do when their other half is missing..."Mama, Halle go? MAMA Halle GO!?!"
{Don't make Halle sad or you'll have the biggest, sweetest, sadest puppy dog look to deal with.}

These pictures where taken the 1st of Oct. A nice and mild Fall day; the last pictures were taken yesterday the 13th of Nov. They've changed so much in just 6 weeks!














They are 2.5, and they are no longer babies. It is time to transform their cribs into toddler bed. Hope is completely potty trained (ie: no pullups whatsoever at night or for travel). Halle is not far behind. They are quick to present their opinions about this and that (and everything in between).


They don't let you teach only the boys. And they will not allow you to cook or bake without pushing up a stool and helping. They must say hello to Daddy on the phone while he is working, and they will ask where every single family member is the second they wake up. "Daddy, Mama, where's Daddy?" "Daddy is at work." "Oh, sad. Bubba?" "Bubba's still sleeping." "Ok. Wake-up sleepy head?" "Sure, you can wake him up." "Ry-Ry?" "He's downstairs." And on it goes...everyday.

In fact my happy little girls are barely toddlers now that they run, jump, talk, draw, pretend to read, and can change discs in the dvd player (shhhh, don't tell Chad). They can fend off the chickens, ducks and geese, talk nonstop, love to wear lipgloss, beg to swim everyday, and are quick to tell you "I do it, Mama. Thank-you, I do it."
Halle is full of spunk and her sense of humor is amazing. She is a go-getter and will do anything you ask of her, running off with excitement to help. Hope on the other hand will say "Halle do?" "No Hope, can you help Mama." "No mama, Halle need do." lol She is so very compassionate and nurturing. Quiet honestly, she's not the tom-boy I thought she would be. While she can throw the football, kick the soccer ball and shows Tae-Kwon-Do potential, she would much rather prance around in a princess dress than anything else. And quite often, when she is quiet and cannot be found...I'll search and search and she is hiding in my bathroom putting on my make-up. Her other love is books. She surprises me at the length of time she will sit and look through book after book, squealing with joy as she spots a horse, butterfly or a "mama". She brings me paper often asking me to "Draw Mama with me. Draw Halle kiss Mama." :o)

Halle is 27 lbs and seems much thinner to me lately. She is wearing 2t and 3t and size 7 shoes. She loves to eat just about everything! It's such a joy to have girls who enjoy chips and salsa or veggies and hummus with me.


Hope is 26.5 lbs though she feels so much lighter than Halle. She is also in 2t and 3t and wears a size 7 shoes. She and Halle both LOVE to wear dresses {"Princess, Mama. Please. Princess today."} and they will put a tu-tu over anything they are wearing.
Don't let these pictures fool you...Hope is every bit the girly-girl also, she is dainty and composed, doesn't like to be dirty or rough. She adores playing outside, as long as she doesn't get too dirty or knocked over by the animals. She loves swimming more than anything else, besides cuddling her mama. :o) "With you Mama?" is still the sentence I hear most from my Hope.

Hope is easily offended should she be told "No." or asked to do something she's already expressed her disdain for. She will clamp her hand over her mouth and burst into tears. I think she is just sensitive, but Daddy says she working her Mama. {Actually the rest of the family are wrapped around her tiny little finger.} She truly is one half of the sweetest little H2 you could ever imagine!


I really enjoy carrying these girls but my back will have no more of it and it is a sad day. Hopefully after I strengthen it, I will be able to wear just one of them at a time. Everyday they jump and climb on me, and it makes my back worse but if I dare say "get down girls, mama's back hurts" they look so hurt and forlorn! Sigh. Yep, I'm wrapped around their little fingers.

Thank-you Lord for blessing us with these treasures and entrusting them to us for a few seasons. I praise you for their health, something we do not take for granted. I thank you for the opportunity to be home with them and their primary influence; I pray for the ability to to homeschool them and the joy of watching them learn to read and write and sing and dance! I praise you for Hope and Halle and I pray they will grow to know and love you Lord.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Becca-What a beautiful insight in the girls' personalities! Thank you for sharing!