Tuesday, February 17, 2009

special weekend


Annah and Viktoriya had a special weekend together. One of love, acceptance and forgivness. They shared a time of understanding and learning how families do not give up on one another even when they do not see eye to eye.

They shopped and spent Viktoriya's birthday money, got their pictures taken together, stayed up late watching movies and giggling, slept in, swam at the YMCA with Ethan and Ry (they are GOOD big sisters!), enjoyed worshipping at church together, reminisced and told stories. I loved hearing about their childhood.
We had fun celebrating Valentines Day and Viktoriya's 15th birthday together...

In the end we raced *I mean did the speed limit* to the ferry and said our goodbyes. Late last night, as I was folding laundry on my bed, Annah came in, tears streaming down her face, "I miss Viktoriya." I held her and she sobbed asking "why can't we force her to live here?" We prayed that God would have Viktoriya live exactly where He wanted her in these last few years of her childhood. "What if she insists on staying where God doesn't want her? She's gotta be better off here." Sighs and hugs are all I could offer at that point.

And yes, we do have 4 boys in this house. I'm sorry I've only been posting about girls lately! The boys enjoyed our annual heart shaped choc chip pancakes on Saturday. The little things really make them happy, especially traditions they can look forward to...


And I have to mention (and post a pic to get Chad in the blog again) that my daughter's are not following in their mostly-vegetartian mother's footsteps... they LOVE their Daddy's BBQ anything... It was so funny, they kept begging and begging for more, even though they had already eaten dinner.


chipmunk cheeks galore, full of barbeque chicken!

Halle looking at Chad like "you're seriously not givng me anymore???"

Oh no, the twins highjacked the post again, oh well. Here is a Valentines Day kiss for you!!!

1 comment:

Lena said...

I'm glad to hear it was a good weekend! I'm praying for Viktoryia and that she would be placed where God wants her to be.