Tuesday, February 10, 2009

shoes, specifically shiny mary-janes

I'm afraid I did it. I turned Hope and Halle into shoe snobs. They love cute shoes. They don't want rubber boots or tennis shoes, they want soft, well-made, pretty shoes and boots. It's true.

I just recently cleared out most of their 18-24 month clothes (I can't believe they are into 24mos/2/2t now!) and their new shoes came out from the back of their armoire. Hope was watching intently as I searched for the size 5-5.5's (hope) and 6-6.5's (halle).

When I brought out these shiny beauties her eyes got big and she grinned and shook her head up and down! They are Halle's size but I put them on her and she walked around like a peacock glancing down every few seconds, grinning the whole time. Oh dear, what have I done!?!
Halle has been teething or something. She was so mad that Hope got to put the shiny black mary-janes on and she didn't. She refused to look at me or let me take her out of her high-chair.


Silly girls, huh???

3 comments:

Chad said...

Good greif! That's all we need is more shoe lovers!!! NOOOOO :)

Lena said...

HeeHee ~ I've got a shoe girl here too. Her favorites are shiny patent leathers and pink boots. It is fun to have real-life dollies! We waited a long time to buy such cutie things! :)

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I don't know where they got it. Grandma Sharon, maybe?

Lena,I think we started the pink boot fettish~sorry :o)