Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our new kittens!

Here they are! In all their sliminess! :) They're just one week old now and their eyes are just beginning to open.
Ethan, Ryland & T~Bella were so patient waiting for the second one to be born...





It was so funny, Ethan came upstairs and got Chad saying "Something weird is coming out of Sharlet's bottom. I pushed it back in. She's on the leather chair downstairs." He carried her upstairs to the box w/blanket we'd had prepared for over two weeks. She was contracting in his arms!

I heard this story second hand because Angel, Aidan and I saw Prince Caspian at the theater then we were getting some groceries before heading home when I heard my phone beep and checked it while we were walking into the store. I heard Chad say "Sharlet is having her kittens right NOW" click. I yelled "Hurry back to the car! Kittens are being BORN!" so we ran back. We missed the first two but saw the second two being born (Bailey the brown one and then Caspian the black one)...













Kitty #1, a boy, our boys named Crick because his tail is bent...


Kitty #2, a girl, we get to KEEP, named Skylar or Shy for sort (she's beautiful and gray, like our Seattle skies)...


Kitty #3, a girl, named Bailey...


Kitty #4, a boy, named Caspian...


Oh one more of our sweet Sky cuddling her mama...




Hmmmmm, I don't have a favorite or anything!





And when they met Hope and Halle. True to their personalities, Hope kept her hands down and just gently kissed them, over and over; Halle just kept laughing and trying to smack her! As a friend of mine said, it looks like she saying "I just want to SQUEEEEZE her!" :)



2 comments:

Laurie and Alan said...

Oh how precious! I remember watching our kitty Emmy having her kittens, it's something your kids will never forget.

Laurie

Chad said...

Ethan was so funny. I was in the kitchen and he came running up from downstairs and said "Daddy, Charlette is acting really wierd. There is red stuff coming out of her bottom and I touched it!"

I ran down and grabbed her and brought her to the laundry room where we had a box and blanket set up for her. He just started to have the kitten right there in the middle of the floor. So I moved her to the box. I could feel the contaction as the kitten was on it's way out into the world - almost while I was holding her.