Friday, September 7, 2007

Aidan and Ethan start school...

Aidan has begun second grade and Ethan is into Kindergarten! There were no tears from him (the way there was with Aidan) though he did want me to follow behind the bus and walk him into his classroom. He likes his teacher and was up and ready to go early this morning for his second day! I was having some camera trouble with no time to mess with the settings but here are a couple pictures anyway...
A confident and excited second grader! Ethan started the next day. And Ryland still not too happy.


The littlest boy, on the left, was so dissapointed to not be allowed to follow onto the bus.




Here is Ethan making his very first friend. Me: "What is his name?" Ethan: "Chrashopper". Me: "Are you sure it's Crashopper?" Ethan "Yes, I'm sure." Me: "Could it have been Christopher?" Ethan: "Oh yeah, Christopher!" Only time will tell I suppose.

He was a bit nervous, can you tell? We actually did a have a couple hard days. A very very long story of one thing after another. Related to Ethan... The first thing out of his teacher's mouth was "Is this Ethan? You need to go straight to the office." I'm not joking. His immunization record was late. But really, couldn't she say "Hello I'm Mrs. Hiskey, it's nice to meet you Ethan." And then tell me that I need to be sure to talk to the office secretary? Then coming home on the bus in the middle of the day (so Aidan wasn't with him) I was waiting for him and the bus went right by. His head turned back to watch me and his eyes got bigger and bigger. I was waving my arms and everything. I waited another 10 mins thinking the bus would come back but it didn't. I called the school and the driver returned him to school because I wasn't there. Ha-ha. I had to wake up the girls and go pick him up. They've had a cold and have been up a lot at night, so they weren't too happy. Then Aidan's best friend from last year was told not to play with him at all this year because of a silly incident at the end of the last school year. He was so sad and indignant (rightfully so). Hopefully the rest of the year goes better than the first week!

3 comments:

Aleah said...

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the week! Hopefully things have calmed down by now?
Change from the norm stresses the whole family out. And of course that teacher had to greet you that way, what was she thinking? We had to take Hayden's shot info into the office the first day also!
Did they just start that this year where they won't even allow the kid to go to school until they have that info?
I love the blurred picture of Ethan and all the kids! Real life.
I'll talk to you soon.....

Laurie and Alan said...

Oh my, what a week! And what a grumpy teacher! She was probably all stressed out, jeez!

Hope next week goes a little better...

Laurie :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope the teacher is better now and that such an incident was an anomaly. I guess it just goes to show just how important our words and actions are, especially as teachers/pastors. Ethan is a GREAT kid, the kind that teachers must love and probably keeps them coming back for more!