Friday, September 21, 2007

Double joy around here... Hope & Halle


I don't know how I lost my other post on the girls. I went to add to it and lost it somehow. I took them to their 4 month checkup on Monday and have been trying all week to do an update on them and send out an email with a link to this blog. Anyway, they're doing SO well. Halle seems like she weighs a ton more than Hope but I was suprised to find out that she is only one and quarter pound heavier. She eats so much more than Hope. And they're both amazing sleeper going 12 straight hours each night, when they're not sick that is. Poor little ones had a cold, got well and then now we're all fighting something. Ry has a cough and Aidan has it too I think. Anyway, our beautiful girls are just as sweet and fun as they could be and we're enjoying them so much! There are days like today where I am trying to do too much and then I realize what I value the most might suffer when I do that so I promised myself to just enjoy my kids. Yes, I'm like you Aleah, I cannot enjoy them when the house isn't clean so that has to happen. It just does. It's the extra things like selling on ebay or getting ready to go scrapbooking all weekend. Those kinds of things I need to watch it with. And with a new chuch plant beginning there is just so much I could jump into with both feet but I'm going to cool it and pray about everything I do. Okay was supposed to be about Hope and Halle..

So Halle weighed 13lbs 6 oz and was 24" and Hope was 12lbs 1oz and was a surprising .5" longer than her sister. The ped and nurses couldn't get over how beautiful and smart and happy they were. I couldn't agree more. They're doing amazing. Just so healthy and interactive. The more I've been reading the more I find that cocaine is one of the better drugs to have been exposed to. I guess Meth is really bad. And I had to call their social worker yesterday. Just needed to hear it I guess. Still not a single contact from bio mom. On to some cute pics...

You're never to young to be introduced to power rangers and their ability to save mankind. Just don't fling the thing up and down lest you smack yourself in the face!











Just cuddling the kitty.










...and having a little fun!


I can't help but wonder what secret Hope thinks is so funny. They have truly "found" each other. It's the best! I just love having twins, I love the fact that they have each other. I've already been praying that God would show my how to parent them in such a way that they would really value one another and treat each other with sweetness and respect. I guess it's all the boys fighting lately that has me praying!

And I have to say that while this face is still made quite often it's not nearly as often as this...















So there are our sweet smiley girls at 4 months!!!

2 comments:

Aleah said...

....our house isn't clean any more since Ella started walking!!
The girls look cuter and cuter the older they get!
Our boys have been getting into it the last couple weeks also. I love summer even more now for the extra space outdoors! : )

Laurie and Alan said...

JUST DARLING!!!!! : )

Laurie