Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nearly done...

We were lucky enough for Grandma Sharon (thank-you, thank-you!) to watch the girls Friday and Saturday so that we could finally attack the girls room. I wasn't sure I'd ever get to do a baby girl room, though I knew we'd adopt someday and we were hoping for a girl, we thought we might be meant to have another boy or two. Well, Hope and Halle came to us nearly 3 months ago, right after water damage to our downstairs forced us to tear all the carpet out and even some of the walls! So getting the boys bedroom and bathroom back in order was priority so the girls had to wait. Here are a few pics of the boys room nearly completed...


They love the bear, fish, tree night lights. I didn't get a pic of it, but Chad did a great job putting molding up 2 feet down from the ceiling with a ledge to put their big letters on (spelling their names). The colors are so cheerful and all that is left is for Chad to do some more artwork (bears, stream and more evergreens) because Ry's bed ended up covering up much of it.

Ryland's new big boy bed has a fort underneath which we're encouraging to be a wrestle-free reading zone. ;o)
We turned our main floor office into the twins room. There is no closet so I got a huge armoire with room enough for lots of little dresses. ;o) We painted Saturday and Sunday and yesterday after work Chad put up molding. I think it's turning out great. After I get things on the walls I'll post a pic of the finished room. Until then here are a couple recent pics of Halle and Hope...

I could just stare at these eyes forever! The girls are so interactive now. We're having a blast.

And lastly, not a great picture, but it is the first pic of all five!

2 comments:

Aleah said...

I just got a chance to finish the email that you sent out! I'm excited that you started a blog!!
The boys room is really cute - good job!
I love the picture of your FIVE kids together! : )

Rebecca said...

Thanks Aleah! Yay, my first comment. :o) Let's get together after you're back in the flow of things...