Monday, January 25, 2010

Mini-Farm {Mini-Homestead?} Life

Somedays it's a chore {think rain}. Most days it's joyful {sunshine helps}. Almost always...I love it. :o)

















I'm really looking forward to Spring when we have baby goats (I couldn't just write 'kids' because someone may think we're adopting again!;o)), goslings and ducklings (hopefully!). We think Ashtyn miscarried when she ate something she shouldn't have; so we'll try again soon with her. Emily is most likely newly pregnant...we'll know Feb 11th. They have a 5 month gestation. We'll see how much I like homesteading once I'm in charge of milking twice a day! ;o)

These two mini-farmers make it more fun...


4 comments:

Shelly said...

Someday, someday that will be us!!! Can't wait...

Rachel said...

Gorgeous photos Becca! So inspiring! We're heading the same route. Our chicken palace is in the design phase, and I'm starting my research on what breeds we want for egg-layers. Any suggestions? Fruit trees are planted, and honey bee study is underway. yay for mini farms! :) Happy milking!

Becca said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this comment until now Rachel, I've been out of blogland for awhile...I'm glad you're inspired...I bet you'll love it. Have you begun? We've got 4 different kinds of chickens and they've all been great. I will have Chad tell you the kids; though you've already likely gotten yours by now. If so, what kind? ~Becca

Becca said...

Also, are you Rachel RLE or Rachel from CCNB? :o)