Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Loving the COLOR!



It's a bit loud, yet a bit soothing as well. Strange I know. We love it!
Viktoriya and I had so much fun bonding as we painted this room together...



A before shot of our playroom in a boring shade of builders white. It's been in some serious need of a paint job for about 2 of the 4.5 years we've lived here.


We had lotsa helpers.

This picture cracks me up; see a goat and a goose in the background? Reminds me of the beginning of this movie Pride and Prejudice. This here is my wonderful, crazy, hectic, beautiful life.

At this point I was thinking "What have I done?" But now I really do love it. And Chad even just requested that we paint his home office the same color when we make the room switch.


Oh come on, give me a kiss!



"Why does she think it's funny to degrade me in this way?"


Enjoying an ice cream break before removing the tape.
We had the BEST paint ball fight ever after we were done this room. It has become a tradition we look forward to. After we remove the tape, we ball it up really tight, aim and FIRE!

Ta-da.
The perfect room in which to curl up with a good book and a sibling.
I'll post a better pic after the decorating is done.

5 comments:

Sophie said...

I have a few walls that need to be done, when are you available? Love the color!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Shonni said...

I love the color...it really does have a "comforting" feel to it. And I was laughing at the goat and goose in the background...how fun!

Laurie and Alan said...

beautiful!

Corrie LeClair said...

LOVE the color...reminds me of cinnamon-y spiced pumpkin. Lovely!

And as always...love your photographs. I always know that if I need a pick-me-up, a smile, and beautiful, warm feeling, I can find it here. :-)