Saturday, July 12, 2008

:: A w e d A d o r a t i o n ::


"The life of true holiness is rooted
in the soil of awed adoration.
It does not grow elsewhere.
That which grows elsewhere
is not true holiness, whatever else it is.
No blend of zeal, passion, self-denial,
discipline, orthodoxy, and effort

adds up to holiness where
:: praise :: is lacking."
~ J.I. Packer


I am at peace, completely, no matter what rather large decisions need to be made *right now* or what teensy tiny parts of the daily grind must have happened 10 min's ago but did not. I look out at the window at gorgeous array of beautiful clouds meandering across our hill and I ached to be out on the trampoline with the boys, trying to find dragons, hippos and curious George's. I am just feeling so loved by my God. So in awe. So in adoration. Awed Adoration. There were so many blue jays searching for more seed on our deck. The rooster cocka-doodle-dooing was getting a bit old, but even he just made me even more grateful to God for all our blessings.

The fact that I have work to do thrills me because He knows I can do it! He's counting on me do it and do it well, and I will. He has entrusted me with all these children for a few seasons, and I will do it well. I absolutely LOVE taking care of my family and the fact that it honors God to have a clean home, it honors God when I have a meal ready for my husband when he gets home, it honors God when I am dedicated to my children. And in all these things I strive to do well, I have a heart of gratitude, because I am so happy to have the family He has given me to care for. I am thrilled! I adore my God and I am in awe of the way He has shown us His love! On a side note, does pizza delivery count for having a meal ready?

Okay back to my point, alas I had work to do to get ready to rush off to spend the day at Silver Lake with our fun homeschooling friends. Was I crazy and just plain stupid to take 6 kids to a lake, with actual plans to swim, or am just brave and strong, and organized enough to pull it off??? Most days the trip ends up proving me the prior but today, today was the latter. Yay! We remembered everything! All 7 of us were in the water, and playing on the playground and eating a yummy picnic lunch. We brought home enough sand to prove everyone had fun. ;o)

My three nearly 1st graders were ornery but good, never going out of my sight, my nearly 3rd grader was my helper and super sweet the whole day. And my tiny two, well they did fine. Halle wanted Halle's bed, right THEN! I put her on my back in my mai tai and she just could settle in. So I tried the water again an then we were able to help her find her second wind so the rest of us could stay and enjoy our beach time. Hope would have NOTHING to do with water. She looked up at me with a look of "You have got to be KIDDING me here mom." and that look accompanied yells and yells and more yells. So I didn't try anymore. Shirlena and I took turns holding the babies, and Lena was rewarded with sweet cuddles by Hope, who is very particular recently, and she was also able to chase her toddler who thinks it okay for her to become a big girl, and a brave big girl at that! She was adorable! Fearless.

Fun was had by all. But after that I decided to scrapbook from 6pm to 12 am and I got home at 1. Did I hop right into bed? No. I had to find that quote I'd had on my mind the whole time I was scrapping. I just LOVE it. "The life of true holiness is rooted in the soil of awed adoration.It does not grow elsewhere." I love that. Just a great reminder to mind our roots and our soil.

No comments: