Monday, May 5, 2008

Where did April go?


I can't believe it is May and it's been nearly 3 weeks since I've posted here! My friend Toni emailed me, nudge, nudge... :o) So what have we been up to? Dance classes, TaeKwonDo, several birthday parties, social worker visits, counseling appointments, scrapbooking retreat (me) and camping (Chad and boys), homeschooling, crafting, trampoline jumping, duck and chick tending, nature walking, TONS of baby carrying all while 7 kids had 2 different colds in the last month. Argh! We also have an ornery pregnant kitty and the kids (and I!) cannot wait until she delivers!
Here are some pictures from the last month or so...

Choc chip letter pancakes with whipped cream! Doesn't get much better.

Crazy but wonderful!

These deer found their way into our backyard!

Halle is nearly walking now!

Angel catches a big fish!

Doing the dishes just got a little bit harder.

T~Bella with her twins. Their names? Halle and Hope of course. ;o)





I never got to the girls 11month post but the above pictures were taken then. It is so hard to believe they will be one in just ten days! Wow! Tomorrow is an important court-date and your prayers are appreciated.

Chad will get on tonite and post pics of their camping trip. I wish I took pics of my retreat. It was wonderful but I had my nose in my scrapbook the whole time! It was worth it. I came home with ALL of 2007 in an album and the beginning of 2008. The kids loved it and it was the fist time T~Bella and Angel got to see their pictures in a family scrapbook. I think the two nights of 5 hrs of sleep was worth it! Plus it's a good thing to miss your kids. Thank-you to Grandma Sharon for her wonderful care of my sweet babies!!!

As a side note this is where we stayed. It is owned by SPU, so being an alumni it's very inexpensive to stay there...

"In 1890, the U.S. Army opened a newly built fort that was to guard the entrance to Puget Sound. Located on Whidbey Island, the fort was named “Fort Casey”in honor of Brigadier General Thomas Lincoln Casey, the last U.S. Army chief of engineers. Fort Casey became part of the “triangle of fire,” along with Fort Worden and Fort Flagler, and its big guns were first fired on September 11, 1901. Within 20 years, Fort Casey was the fourth largest military post in Washington, housing 10 officers and 428 enlisted men.
The Army used the fortification until World War II and, when Fort Casey was decommissioned in the 1950s, Seattle Pacific University became the property’s owner — updating and renovating the buildings for groups like yours. Today, SPU continues to welcome school groups, churches, nonprofit organizations, and outdoor education classes to this remarkable historical site.
Known as “Camp Casey” by its many returning visitors, Camp Casey Conference Center continues to offer groups like yours the ideal place to reflect, excel, discover, and grow."


http://www.spu.edu/depts/casey/

No comments: