Wednesday, January 30, 2008

From truck to bike...

It's was with great sadness that I sold my beloved truck just over a week ago :(

Well, I'm not so sad about the 12mpg, insurance, and maintenance costs...

Besides a serious dent in my fishing time (more on that later), I'm actually pretty excited to be "Truck-less in Monroe" for a few months (probably through the summer even). I'm pretty sure I won't be banned from Monroe for not having a truck, but that is still undetermined...

The cool thing is that I now ride my bike to catch my vanpool everyday (less than 2 miles) and will have my bike at work to ride during lunch breaks. I can REALLY use the exercise! So I save $$$ AND get in better shape (vanpool is free through work). What's not to like? Well, 20 degree mornings, snow, slush, rain, wind, riding in the dark with no bike lane - to name a few...

So to keep me motivated, I bought myself a nice quality mountain bike at REI. I've had other bikes in the past that I really just dreaded riding. They were too small, or just uncomfortable after more than a few minutes. This bike fits me well and rides amazingly well. And you have to try pretty hard to beat REI's customer service and warranty. Are you convinced yet? I had to use these excuses on Becca when she saw the price tag... oh, and the promise of 6 pack abs while not dropping a dime on a cheesy gym membership ;)

No comments: