Friday, November 16, 2007

Aidan Jacob

Here is my sweet Aidan with Grandma Sharon. He saw me posting once and asked why there were so many more pictures of the girls than the boys. I told him that they had such a tough start to life, nearly dying, and that it was such an awesome miracle the way God brought them to us. (I need to type up the story about how we nearly took twin newborn boys home on a Monday, but ended up hearing about Hope and Halle who were born the next day, a Tuesday). So I've been putting up updates on them such as how they're growing (going from 3.5lbs to over 16lbs in 6 mos is pretty amazing!). I told him that my boys were just as important as my girls and I would be sure to talk more about them. So here we go...

While I'll journal much more about him on his 8th birthday January 10th, here is a short post just about Aidan. He was so cute when he was able to buy any $15.00 toy with some money he'd saved. He found a good deal on an anniversary build-a-bear at JC Penneys. When you squeeze one hand you can record a message, and then you squeeze the other hand and the message is replayed. Pretty cool! So he bought this bear and named her Justine, so that she could get married to his first (a frog). He is now searching for their children. I've found Justine several times, waiting for me on my bed, or other spot she knew she would find me, with a special message from Aidan, such as "Momma, you're the best Momma I could've ever asked God for. I love you SO SO SO much! From your Aidan."
Oh and he is SO good at Tae Kwon Do and is now a blue belt. He is excelling in math and is now reading chapter books. I'm so proud of the little gentleman he is. He hold doors for ladies, always lets me go first no matter what we're doing, makes me cards often and he loves to feed and hold and sing to the babies too. I wish I could remember the Hope (Hoper-Snapper-3000 as she is called for some reason) song he recently made up.

And I haven't forgotten about getting the other pics of of Charity's good-bye but I was waiting on permission from a couple other people before I put them all up.

2 comments:

Laurie and Alan said...

Wow, your last several posts have been so heartwarming! The girls have grown so much, truly a miracle given their story. And the boys are getting so big too. I loved your most recent post on Aidan, what a very sweet loving little boy you guys...

BTW I'd love to be on your list of private bloggers, what do I do?

Have a great Thanksgiving all of you!

Laurie and Alan : )

Rebecca said...

Thanks Laurie, I'll send you an email invitation. You'll just have to log in each time to view the blog. Could you give me your email address here or email it to me... sonkissed247@yahoo.com