Tuesday, October 13, 2009

apple cake skillet delight!


What should we make for Daddy's birthday. It needs to be special...delicious...one of his favorites???

In honor of my man's birthday Viktoriya and I made a delicious dessert! He loves apple crisps so I decided to try a variation on the old favorite. I got the idea at Shonni's...who got the idea from The Pioneer Woman, but we adapted it to our liking. We shreded the apples and layered the cake batter, and substituted brown for the white sugar. We also doubled the vanilla and the cinnamon. Oh and we substituted cream cheese for sour cream because we were out and it turned out...perfectly yummy!!!!!

















































On a side note, I had so much fun cooking with my eldest daughter! Let me know if you like me to post directions/our recipe.

1 comment:

RLE said...

Yummy - please post your recipe/variation!!