Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sweet Hope

My Hope Noelle, how your Mama loves being with you...whether it's folding laundry, or baking or just talking: you are my sweet little friend.

When you hear me say anything that sounds even romotely like "be right back" or "store" or "see you soon" you always ask "With you? With you Mama?" Of course I have to say "Yes, my Hope, you can with me." You are sweet.

You are just sweet to the core, and that sinful nature, it must be in there somewhere {Chad says he's seen it} but I'm not sure! You are sweet.

When I'm reading a book on the couch or sitting outside at the picnic table watching you play, or typing on the computer, you'll come up to me and "Hi, mama. Hi." and you rub my arm or pat my back. And sometimes you'll lay your head on my lap. It warms my heart! You are sweet.

At night when you know it's time for bed, you'll ask "Movie? Movie, with you Mama?" No Hopie, it's time to sleep." "Teeth Mama?" "No we already brushed your teeth." "'Nack Mama? Nack. Num-num?" "No Hopie you already had a snack. Or two. Time for bed." "Rock. Rock Mama?" "Okay, Hope, we can rock one more time." So sweet.

You love fruit. Nearly ALL fruit is your favorite. You love spicy foods like mama. Salsa and chips with guacamole are your faves. Hummus and bell peppers are up there as well. Zucchini bread, cereal with rice milk, and veggie pizza are "nuuuumy!" You don't like peanut butter. Our first to not love peanut butter! You like me to sit and eat with you {of course}; but I love how you say "sit mama, eat, sit mama". You are sweet.

When one of your siblings get hurt, or are in trouble, you will walk over and just lay a gentle hand on them. {as in the picture below} No words, just some support. You are just so sweet.

And I love you,
your Mama

2 comments:

The Three Amigos said...

Awe Becca, she is really sweet! What a compassionate little girl!!!

Shonni said...

What a beautiful post!