Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

My Valentines present to us~a glider for the babies room!
To anyone reading, I hope your day was wonderful, that you were shown love and gave love. I'm really not a big valentines day person. I love having heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes and chocolate milk with whipped cream and valentines at each of the kids places in the morning. And I do make a bigger deal about how much they are each loved and adored on Valentines day. But really I think spontaneous, just-because love and gifts are the best. A wise sweetheart taught me the value in that. But it is a great break for the dulldrums of February.

Another way I combat the February funk is by beginning spring cleaning early! Hopeful, optmistic me. I am so longing for those always-open windows with a crisp breeze, and long afternoons at the park. Today it was so nice out that I allowed four kids to jump on the trampoline because I could keep the windows open. I was thrilled to find something I could do and still hear and see everything they were doing~I cleaned out all the windows, tracks (yucky WA mold/mildew!) and window sills. I then moved on to all the appliances and cabinets, finishing up with the dinning room windows, table (why did I buy a black table anyway!?), mirror, front door and sweeping all the hardwoods. Whew, I feel a little more in control, as long as I don't go into the master bedroom where there is another couple hours of work!

We've had some busy few days and I'm realizing I must stay on top of things, organizationally speaking. Chad came home with a little hint last night. ;o) But he also brought roses so that took the edge off and kept him out of trouble. I love you bud.

Back to our busy couple of days... Tuesday we went to Kayak Point in Marysville and had fun despite some heavy rain. But at the end the sunshine came out and it was gorgeous. Hope never complained a bit; she was wrapped up and quite cozy in my jacket. Thanks to Lena, who watched Halle, Chad was able to fish and we had an extra spot in the suburban to bring home a 12 year old named Angel. So the last bed is filled in our home!

T~Bella collected just a few purple shells! ;o)

The sun was welcome but not necessary for our fun trip!
This new climbing structure is awesome!
Almost as awesome, a non-manmade structure to climb on!
My cuddle-bug!
Happy girl!!!

Here is an absolutely amazing quote for today...

"Heaven is not here, it's there. If we were given all we wanted here, our hearts would settle for this world rather than the next. God is forever luring us up and away from this one, wooing us to Himself and His still invisible Kingdom, where we will certainly find what we so long for. " Elisabeth Elliot

1 comment:

Aleah said...

Happy Valentines Day!

I went nuts cleaning yesterday also. Trying to fight the germs! It's beautiful out again...hope it stays!

Have a good week and sorry we missed today...It's Ethan being treated for pneumonia.