Monday, February 1, 2010

an extension of one's self



As a twin, Halle thinks of Hope as merely an extension of herself, one to played with, loved on and hugged whenever she wants to. Hope, however, thinks of herself as a separate being, one to given space and asked to be hugged. This makes for some interesting mornings as of late.



Halle wants to listen to Hope's heart. Hope wants to fold laundry with Mama.
Halle wants a hug from Hope. Hope wants to lay on Tennyson.
Halle wants to sleep with Hope in Hope's bed. Hope wants Halle to sleep in Halle's bed.
Halle wants to hold Hope's hand. Hope wants to help Mama rinse the fruit.
Halle wants to sit in Hope's highchair. Hope wants Halle to sit in Halle's highchair.
Halle wants Hope to sing with her. Hope wants Halle to be quiet.
Halle wants to drive Hope crazy. Hope wants to be left alone.
It's a rough life.




Until she can't find her twin. "Haaaaaaaaaallleeeeee. Halle where are you?!?!?"
"Hopie!!!!" "I LOVE you!" "I love you too."

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I have a friend with twin girls and I've seen it, too! It's a miracle, and very funny at the same time. I gotta tell you, every time I come on here, I can't help smiling at how incredibly adorable your twin daughters are!!! What a blessing from God to you!! :-)

RLE said...

It's funny to watch, isn't it? And just when I think one can't have gotten into the other's space and on her nerves any more, they switch! :)