Thursday, September 10, 2009

two to school

These two sweethearts are going into 9th and 10th grade respectively. I can honestly say I am going to miss having them around all day! Yesterday, Aidan said, "You know what Viktoriya, as soon as you're all adopted, you're going to be homeschooled." And to my surprise she replied, "Sounds good to me!" :o) I actually went away last weekend to a scrapbooking retreat, and I spent a good deal of time praying about our family and our schedule. I decided what didn't fit into our schedule and what did. What our homeschool routine should be, etc. It was a sweet time. It was also a wonderful time of ministry. Surprised? I am too. Everytime I go to a scrapbooking retreat and our photos are viewed, I tell our story, a story of a beautifully blended family, orchestrated by our One, True, Living God. And it ministers to many hearts. I hear so many stories of other who want to adopt or foster or both. So many stories I treasure in my heart.
Okay back to the point of this post, Annah and Viktoriya are off to high school. Wow!!! I have two highschoolers....unbelieveable.

At the court date last week a decision was not made but it will be handed down on September 21st and we are told that they are 75% sure that the girls will be legally free on that day. So adoptions may not be too far off. Most likely they will be bearing our last name (in addition to their original last name) by Christmas. So we will have adopted 4 girls in 2009. Wow, what a year. :o)

This was my two girls saying they're sad to be leavin' Mama for 7.5 hours a day!

PS: I am back in action with my Canon Rebel. I had bought the Costco deal with two lenses, but then we decided that was too expensive and I had to return it. Then my wonderful husband received a bonus this year {Great job Chad!!!} and he blessed me with an amazing birthday present a couple days early so I can take it on our camping trip this coming weekend! Thank-you honey!

3 comments:

Shonni said...

You are going to have so much fun with that Rebel!!!

The Three Amigos said...

I know I should not, but I do envy the camera! :D

Love the pictures of the girls!! 2009 truly has been a blessed year for the Keller clan!

Rachel said...

What a great post Becca1 So glad your scrap weekend was a good one. Happy home schooling!