Monday, August 18, 2008

12


Twelve years ago.

That’s when I made the best and biggest decision of my life.

To marry Rebecca.

We didn’t take the decision lightly, but with a lot of prayer and contemplation.

But it just came naturally and it was clear we were meant for each other.

We’ve been best friends since we met and continue to be today.

I can honestly say that the journey with her has lived up to the hopes and dreams I had for us 12 years ago.

We are alike in just the right ways, and different in just the right ways.

She grows more beautiful each year – inside and out.

She holds my heart in her hand and can steel my breath with a look.

She is an incredible mother.

I love watching her sit on the floor with one of the boys to play Transformers or GI Joe action figures.

I love watching her eyes sparkle with joy when one of the twins gives her a big hug or kiss.

I love how she is proactive in raising the kids, to the point of taking charge of their schooling.

I love how she has high expectations of each of them, but loves them no matter what.

I love how she still laughs at most of my lame jokes.

I love how she’s still kinda klutzy, yet very athletic.

She makes me want to be a better Christian, husband, friend, and father.

I thank God for blessing me with her.

Life has many challenges and adventures, and nothing beats tackling and experiencing them with your best friend at your side.

It’s been 12 years, yet it feels like just yesterday.

It’s been 12 amazing years, yet somehow I know the best is yet to come.

3 comments:

Laurie and Alan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two!

Laurie and Alan

Rebecca said...

Sniff-sniff. I love you SO much...

Anonymous said...

What a guy, Chad. You both have a real talent for writing....Love you BOTH

Sharon